Saturday, March 22, 2008

just because

This was my "Just Because" project this weekend. Here's how it usually goes. I decide to make something and think it's so great that I want to do it in bulk thinking it would be a great business venture... then after inundating myself with supplies and hype, my momentum fizzles. I know Troy just shakes his head and doesn't understand why I do it... (or why my sewing room is full of tassels, car seats, aprons, frames, tutus etc.) so the blanket name I use for all my projects is, "Just Because". That's all there is to it.
After trying to buy car seat covers for Allison & Auburn I decided to "go custom"and have loved the seats I made my girls. The only problem with making them for others now is each time I make a new design I want to change mine... This one I actually made in record time. I have been cursing Graco because each seat I have made a cover for somehow has been a different size or shape.. resulting in a completely new pattern design. But I must have found them all, because this seat just seemed to fit the first time... Yea!
So if you ask why we ate cereal for dinner and why my sister had to fill my kids' Easter baskets for me and why I had all my children tangled in thread as entertainment.. I'll say..
Just Because.

6 comments:

Liz said...

how do you do it! It is so dang cute! Can I call you when I have my next baby? Looks like you had an eventful past week.

Nancy said...

You are truely amazing and it was so nice to see you again. I don't know how you do it all. I have decided that I am on servival mode. And Bret has told me that I am not allowed to take on any more projects(dang it-it's not like I have any extra time anyways).

Farley Smiles said...

Ok, now you're really making me feel bad, I am so uncrafty! So do you only do infant seats or do you do toddler covers also? I've got a girly carseat cover (because I thought she was my last!!) that has to be changed to fit a boy sometime in the next year!

Jennifer said...

YOu make me sick! LOVE IT!

Kizzycakes said...

so how's it feel to be "that one mom" that makes all the rest of us feel oh-so-inadequate. LOVE all the new posts. fun times. totally cute stuff. i wish we could hang out more.

[dene'] said...

YOU MADE THAT??? DANG GIRL! Too talented. I had no idea you were a master with the sewing machine!!