Tuesday, April 22, 2008

sick kids

I loathe having sick kids. The only thing worse than having sick kids is having to get stuff done while you have sick kids. I wish I would have written about this day right when it happened because me memory has blocked out the nightmare. All I remember is being in the middle of presidency meeting with screaming kids who were supposed to be asleep... having to leave everyone there watching my other kids while I took Miss 104.3 and Miss 103.5 to the doctor. I even gave the babies chocolate chip cookies just to quiet them down through the rest of my meeting. I did love that Dallin just wanted to rest all day in his bed. I have the recording of Great Aunt Erma telling the story of "Peasy & Beansy" on my computer so we hooked up the monitors so he could listen to her stories from the other room.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very random. You don't know me, but I did a Google search on the story "Beansy and Peasy", because it is an old story that goes way back in my family history. I got curious about it, and looked it up, and your blog is the ONLY reference I could find to the story!!! Now, here's the weird part. My last name is "Staples".
So...is there any way I can hear your Great Aunt's version? Or can you tell me anything about where the story came from?! (and do you know if you are related to STAPLES)?!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and my email is lstaples@npgcable.com

Angie said...

Another commenter who is pretty sure she is related to you. I did a search for Peasy and Beansy because I couldn't find my book of stories from an old Farnsworth reunion. My son has an oral storytelling assignment this week and I thought a family classic would be fun. Your great aunt Erma wouldn't be the sister of my grandmother Ella, would she?

sandra said...

Hi Angie! Wow... the wonders of the internet. Yes, your Grandma Ella is a sister to my Grandpa Bill (Wilford Martindale Jr.). I guess that makes us 3rd cousins?? I live in Arizona and grew up listening to Aunt Erma tell these stories so I just love 'em. I have an audio copy of her telling the story I can email you if you email me your address. sandralynnpaul@yahoo.com

WhitJ said...

Was trying to find the Peasy and Beansy story tonight instead of marching my but upstairs and your blog came up...so random!