Thursday, January 8, 2009

bitty




Having Whitney here for the holidays had to be one of my favorite things. All she wanted to do while she was here was "nothing" (sounds like her birthday wish mentioned here). Quite honestly I didn't know what to do with such low expectations. I tried my hardest to do nothing while she was around, but I was rarely successful. We put her to work. Whitney just went between Karen, Mom and I and took an aspect of our life and decided to fix it.
* Apparently Karen needed some make-up tips.. which is always so successful with 7 kids running around.


*She completely rearranged Mom & Dad's living room, somehow moving a grand piano by herself!


* My wardrobe was rampaged and purged of all 90s clothing. (except for the denim overalls... I want my kids to have something totally authentic to wear for 90s day at school someday). Of course we had to try them all on and mock me first.
*And the biggest project of all... Whit decided to fix my kids. (They are slow as molasses and so I end up doing everything for all four of them... gets very wearing.) Whitney knocked on the front door one morning before school and introduced herself as "Miss Independence". She was all dressed up with the craziest get up and make up. My kids' eyes were like saucers... they'd never seen anything like it. She explained what "independence" means and showed how she got herself dressed that morning. She had made up a little incentive program (magic beans... which they still think will "grow a surprise") for them to get dressed every morning by themselves before the timer rings. Dallin and Ella ate it up and took right to the idea. Way to go Miss Independence!

4 comments:

karis stapley said...

That's so awesome! What a great & helpful sister! And what fun times & memories. That's a great idea with "Miss Independence"!

WhitJ said...

Sandra Lynn, there was no need to post that picture!

Wilm2RS said...

who knew whitney had that side to her...surely not me, and I've know the whitster for quite some time! that was awesome! : )

WhitJ said...

I like big butts and I cannot lie! Can we please remove at least that picture!