Friday, March 27, 2009

public transportation

We decided it would be a fun family activity to take the kids to try the Light Rail that runs from West Mesa into downtown Phoenix.
Dallin and Ella loved the ride and entertained all the passengers with their squeals.
We got off and walked down Mill until Allison started throwing up all over. We chose to forgo dinner and get back home. Allison had another "incident" all over Troy on our way to the train. And then again all over me on the ride back. I was trying to contain it in a bag in my purse, but not doing a great job. I was dying of embarrassment as all the other passengers were just looking at our mess and enduring the smell. I hopped off with the baby at the next stop and sent Troy and the other three alone to ride back in to get our car then pick me up. Thank heavens for cell phones because I had no idea where I was when I hopped off and just sent the rest of my family on their way.
Allison eventually fell asleep and I started walking toward home (another 15 miles). After a mile or so (in three inch heels) Troy and the rest of the crew found us and we all made it safely home. I don’t think public transportation is for us yet.

2 comments:

karis stapley said...

OH Man! yea, I dont think we'd be trying that again anytime soon! Poor girl! And poor parents too! Very memorable though! :)

Karen said...

That may be one of my favorites! I can only picture it too well!