Thursday, February 14, 2008

valentine's day

So I wondered why I didn't hear the babies wake up crying this morning.. and why Dallin & Ella were having so much fun together giggling on the other side of the house. Well I should have known the two rarities would be tied together somehow. All four kids in a crib, quite a sight! Now if I could just teach them to change & feed the babies after they've woken them up and entertained them, we'd be in luck! These were the little Valentine's I took to some of my friends. They are white chocolate oreo truffles (so easy but so evil). But then I decided they needed cute little personalized boxes to go in. It was one of those projects that you know going into it that it's not worth the time you are about to invest... but you do it anyway. It was kind of like a challenge though.. just to see if I could actually materialize what I had in my mind...centering the graphics just right so when I folded the box everything would be lined up... ok, I'm a bit compulsive but....

not so much when it came to this. So they look pretty scary.. but Dallin & Ella seemed to think they were the best Valentine cupcakes ever... so good, in fact, that they devoured them and didn't even mind that they were actually meat loaf frosted with mashed potatoes & sprinkled with peas. yummmm.
The night ended with red ice cream cones! Good idea Troy!

7 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Cutest Valentines! I love the fun Meatloaf idea! You are too much with the creativity world!! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at 2:00! I'll be praying for some of those dangerous white chocolate oreo truffles! YUMM-O!

ZB said...

Horray! You posted. I'm so excited. Your little family is incredible. How do you do it? And those Valentine's presents are do die for! Lucky friends who received them. Looks like you guys are having fu---uuuuu-uuun!

thebigcookiefam said...

WOW TWINS!! You go girl!!!! It was fun stumbling across your blog! good to see you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so EXCITED to see a new post!!!! You are just adorable, you're family is adorable and you are just amazing! lol. Thanks again for helping me tonight!!!

Kizzycakes said...

LOVE the meatloaf cupcakes! i have to try that next year. and you're so crafty with your cute valentines -- i want the oreo truffle recipe. oh, and i love your valentine pics -- thanks for the card. you guys are just way too cute. how do you do it? oh ya, you're sandra!

Liz said...

What a fun idea about the meat loaf cupcakes. I'm gonna have to try it. Your so talented and creative.

Jennifer said...

Ok, I talked to my friend and she'll email me the directions again. One thing she does is buy actual scrapbook paper and scan it on her computer, then she uses it somehow, that's the part I am totally clueless on. So, look for my email. Ok, now on to your cute family. I love the photos and I hope you start blogging so we can keep in touch better. I know your life is busy, mine is and I only have one baby. Please, don't forget to eat, you look so dang thin girl! I am loving the crib shot, such a classic big sibling thing to do, I have caught my girls doing the same thing. I love it! Ok, gotta take anna potty!