Thursday, February 21, 2008

the dentist

1st dentist appointment! Well, I guess for Dallin it was technically his second. His first consisted of screaming and crying so hard that they asked me to take him home and come back in a year.
This go around we opted for a pediatric dentist that loaded them up with toys and stickers. Dallin did great this time. Ella, not so much. She kept whining loudly the whole time for candy. Nice.. all the dentists are looking at me like she's saying a four letter word. She proceeded to take after her big brother and we will be taking her back next year instead.

This is actually Ella's birthday.. but she doesn't know it. We had so many different things going that day that we just told her it was the next day. No harm done.

Happy Birthday ellabella

february 21, 2008

5 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

Well I don't blame them for screaming, the dentist is NOT fun! ha ha. That's hilarious about Ella's bday...no worries...she doesn't know! lol. And your sister is AMAZING! I wish I liked running more! And yes, we need to hang out! I have spring break next week so maybe one day we can be BFF's and hang out...and yes, me running errands with you, cooking, etc is ok with me! :)

Liz said...

We were just there with my second two weeks ago. Luckily he didn't cry but he didn't even want to sit in the special seat that goes up and down. He didn't care about the cars tooth brush or that his sister and he would get ice cream afterwards if he just opened his mouth. We were on our way out the door, but because Abby cooperated she got to go the treasure chest. Right then and there Christian thought it was fine for the dentist to look in his mouth. So our check up was done in the receptionist office. Good thing we have dental insurance I would have hated to have paid for that appointment. I guess they will be seeing Ella in a year.

M and K said...

For some reason I just decided to check your blog, every now and then I have checked hoping you have updated. I was so excited to see new posts. Your family is so cute! I know I say this every time we talk (you know every 6 months or so!!!) but I wish we lived closer. I can't believe how fast those babies are growing up! Cute Valentine's. I couldn't help but smile because having your hands full with your kids has definitely not slowed down your need for perfection!!! I thought the boxes were from a bakery before I read your note, quite impressive! I'm glad you're going to keep things updated, it makes me feel like we're talking more!

Candice said...

Hey there, Sandy. What an amazingly beautiful family you have. It sure was fun to see you the other day... when you and Troy and the crew were enjoying an afternoon walk and I drove by and honked. I guess it could be considered a drive-by hanging out. That seems like the pace things move these days- I would love to hang out for longer than 3 seconds sometime. Maybe it could invlove me taking a tour of your house, I would love that!

[dene'] said...

So fun to see new posts! You are a very busy lady. Yeah, the dentist is always fun...NOT.